Friday 12 February 2016

Halloween 2015 makeup commission

So I was asked by a handsome local DJ to do his makeup for his Halloween night gig like this image he'd found:

Having looked into this extremely detailed piece I discovered it was a makeup test photo, designed to show what spectacular things it can do. 

Clearly I was very intimidated given this was done by professionals, with a vast array of fancy makeup and time on their side...

I (an amateur) had to replicate it as much as possible in about 45mins, on a busy man, with Snazaroo facepaints...

So this is how Dave normally looks:

A rather happy chap who is painted very seriously, stern skull face biz.

Needless to say, I'm still quite pleased overall, given those factors. It's very much a humble nod to. There was no time or assistance to take pics as I painted and as he had to rush off, there was no time to snap any then, but I managed to find the following pics of him throughout the night, taken by various people I'm afraid I don't know (I claim no copyright, I just wanted to show my painting efforts):


Obviously by the time these were taken, more than a few hours eating, drinking and dancing have taken its toll, but the overall effect is there. Unfortunately I couldn't find any pics in colour that showed the washes/tones that got whiter in bonier places. 




No comments:

Post a Comment